Sunday, August 28, 2011

what's happening in suite I

So what have the ladies of suite I been up to the past couple days?  I don't know about everyone else but I have a lot of reading for all of my classes and I really don't know how I am going to keep up with it all.  Laura and I have no motivation to write all the essays required for the portfolio you have to turn in as part of the application to the education department.  Last night we made a walmart run.  Picked up some things I needed, forgot trash bags though.  We watched the proposal and I hope Emily wasn't too scandalized because I just love that movie.  I could watch it again and again.  I think it's funny and cute.  Today I read the entire first chapter for chem because a guy in my class found a site for an online version of the book and it let you preview the first chapter.  So we are able to keep up while we wait for our books to come.  And hopefully it will come in this week.  I don't think it had shipped as of earlier today...So that's how I spent the majority of the day and I'm kind of concerned that by the end of this class I will be some kind of eco-freak.  I already visited several websites today that give the air quality index for different states and cities and stuff.  Central Illinois only has a handful of orange days each year and I think that was just for ozone and not particle pollution so we're breathing pretty healthy air.  I'm sure you were concerned about that.  This afternoon my bible study walked to snowball for ice cream.  Like the one bright spot in atchison.  Great ice cream.  And it was so good to have something cold after the walk in the heat.  The sun was so hot today.  Then I read more chem.  Then Laura did everyone's nails.  Then I gave up on chem til just now, and I did finish just so you know, and talked to Laura and Emily for awhile instead.  But now it is getting late and I should go to bed so I can be ready for brunch by the time the 10am mass people get back.  It will be weird going to mass not at epiphany.  But I am looking forward to the music and the quiet before and after mass.  I need some reflection time before taking on this first full week of school.  Well I think that's all for now.  I think this will be a semi regular thing, what's happening in suite I.  When I don't really have anything that important to say.

Oh I just remembered the post that was in my head earlier.  Some awesome stuff in Rediscovering Catholicism today.  I'm sure I'll find time to write something about it.  Read the book if you really want to experience it.  It's so good!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that Blo/No is a Tree City, USA because we have so many trees per square mile or whatever? That's what my brother told me. Apparently it means our air is pretty dang good. Yay for trees.

    ReplyDelete