Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What's happening in suite I (2)

The previous post should have been completed a couple days ago.  So here's for today.

What's happening in suite I?  Avoiding homework.  And how do we do this?

By finishing a beautiful 1000 piece puzzle depicting a vintage image of princess Aurora, sleeping beauty for those of you who don't know her real name.

Painting nails!  What girl doesn't love that?  And Laura has quite a talent for it.  So she didn't just paint our nails, she put all kinds of cool designs on them too.

Going to Holy Grounds, the campus coffee shop.  The line is always forever long so this a significant time waster.  We usually bring homework with though...we just don't actually do any of it.  And Emily pressured me into getting something both times we have gone.  I have now officially tried a strawberry smoothie and a mocha frappe.  And I can now very honestly stick to the opinion I have always held that they're nothing to rave about.

A lot of time chatting in the lounge.  Consuming caffeinated beverages at night equals staying up way too late.  Getting back into that good old college routine of making it through a day with maybe 4 hours of sleep the night before.

Eating the same old grab n go sandwiches in the lounge while trading tornado and fire drill stories.

Reminiscing about the good old days of tv when stumbling upon websites that let you make your own sailor doll.  Yes, as in Sailor Moon people.  Loved that show as a kid.  I think I watched it literally every day after school in grade school, like first second third grade or whenever it was that it was on.

Filling Emily in on shows she missed out on by not having real tv as a kid.

Standing outside on the balcony late at night waiting for a surprise...the surprise was a miscommunication meaning our real treat is tonight. (there might be some guys in front of our residence hall singing to us or something like that...wait, what? who said that?)

Oh you know.  Just the typical goings-on, or is it going-ons, in suite I.

2 comments:

  1. random guys singing? what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the dorm where mostly sophomore guys maybe some juniors I don't know for sure came and sang to us tonight at 11:30 we were supposed to be standing outside our suites and sang that lovin feeling or whatever it's called and sang is putting nicely it wasn't very pretty to listen to but the idea was cute

    ReplyDelete