Saturday, October 15, 2011

Isn't it ironic?

That I have been neglecting my spiritual reading and when I finally pick up Rediscovering Catholicism again the chapter I am on is about spiritual reading.  Yep, I think that's pretty ironic.  Our just a little reminder from God about why I was doing the spiritual reading in the first place.  Which is to learn about Him and His plan for my life.  So that I can grow in holiness and better serve Him.  So I'm really going to try to get back in the habit of reading a little when I get up and then again before I go to bed.  That's the goal.  And hopefully I will be able to add some scripture in as well.  Because that is something I have never been good at - reading the Bible.  But reading Rediscovering Catholicism has really helped me to see the purpose and the importance of a lot of things that most Catholics take for granted or don't know enough about.  I want to keep learning about my faith and I don't ever want to take it for granted.

In other news...I have a spanish essay due monday/wednesday, whichever works for us basically.  It's for my mystics class so I have to do well on it.  Which means I should spend a lot of time on it this weekend.  I wonder how long it will take me to start on it...  I'm hoping that this being the feast of St. Teresa of Avila that she will be praying for us as we write these essays about her writings.  And though I do want to do well on it, I'm still not stressing out about it too much.  I honestly enjoy the glass, even in being intimidated and extremely challenged by it.  The professor is excellent and is always sharing so much of his extensive knowledge with us, relevant or irrelevant, beyond what the class requires.  It's amazing.  And I certainly will not regret taking the class at the end of the semester, regardless of what kind of effect it may have on my GPA.

I've realized in having two spanish classes this semester how much I really do love the language and the idea of learning new languages in general.  But of course now I'm extremely confused because I'm getting to the point where not only could I minor in spanish, I could probably pull off a double major with elementary ed.  The only thing is I need to study abroad...in a spanish speaking country.  And I've already done everything so that I can go to Florence.  And it's only possible for me to study abroad next semester.  That's really the only time it works.  So I feel like if I had wanted to go to Spain I would have needed to discuss that with someone who actually knows what I need to do long before now.  I'm just confused now is basically the point of this story.  And now I'm looking into isep summer programs and all the different places I could go and what amazing experiences they would be and how many thousands of dollars they cost...

I don't know what's going on in my life.  What's new?  I guess I'll just have to keep praying and waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment