Sunday, October 16, 2011

Why does this always happen to me?

Can't I ever get something done ahead of time?  Like before midnight?  Why must I wait until the very last minute?

If you haven't already guessed I am once again finding myself pressed for time and staring at a stubbornly blank word document where there should be a five paragraph essay.  And it's due tomorrow.  Except it's not, which is the problem.  Why did he tell us we could turn it in on wednesday?  Why?

Because of that delayed deadline, I am not feeling nearly as much pressure as I should be feeling about doing well on one of few graded assignments in a class I'm not doing so well in.  Why can I only work under pressure?  I told myself a lot of times that I needed to devote a good amount of time to this essay this weekend.  But I didn't.  Is anyone surprised?

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.  I spent all afternoon flipping through the readings the essay is based on and trying to write an outline, but still nothing is really jumping out at me.  So I don't know what to do.  Except wait for it to come to me.  Which never seems to happen until the night before it's due.  But I refuse to wait til then.  I want to at least know what I'm going to write by tonight.  Even if none of the actual writing happens until tomorrow night or even tuesday.

I'm just so frustrated with me right now.

1 comment:

  1. don't worry Paige, it's not just you!! I have the exact same problem!

    ReplyDelete