Thursday, October 20, 2011

Spain? Florence? What am I doing with my life?

I got an email today.  It said I was accepted to go to Florence in the spring.  The first orientation meeting is Wednesday.  Awesome.  They weren't supposed to let us know til the first week of november.  I thought I had more time to tell them I might want to go to Spain instead.  But I wanted to wait until the informational meeting about Spain on Tuesday.  I just don't know what to do.  And looking at all of the names of people that are going to Florence makes me think it will be a great fun group.  But I also know I'd have a good time in Spain with Emily.  Decisions, decisions.

Florence would be fun.  And traveling all over.  Eating pizza and pasta and gelato.  Learning a new language.  Seeing lots of catholic things.  Being in a big group of people I know.  Getting a theology class with a professor I really like.  And I would always wonder about spain...

Spain would be great.  Improving my ability to communicate in the language I know and love.  Having a real cultural and language immersion experience.  Being able put the credits toward a spanish major.  Getting to travel throughout spain.  Learning a language with Emily and having her for a travel buddy.  Not having to pay to study abroad an additional time to complete the spanish major.  Getting to do an internship in a foreign country.  Getting to meet students from all over the world that are studying spanish.  And I would always wonder about Florence...

So what's a girl to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment