Tuesday, April 19, 2011

almost easter break!

I am so excited for Easter.  In case you didn't already know.  And I'm feeling much better than that mess of a person I was yesterday.  But just as I was contemplating deleting the entire post and calling myself stupid for being so emotional, I decided to just leave it up.  I think I need to acknowledge that there are times when I just lose it.  I don't need to have it together all the time.  And sometimes I just need to get all of my problems out instead of keeping them all bottled up inside.  I suppose the blog is one way to do that.  I mean it is an edited version from the draft I will keep for my eyes only, but at least this is kind of like talking to someone about how I feel or the problems I'm having.  I read this book once, I don't remember what it's called, and there was a girl going through a tough time and I remember that one of the lines in the book was here thinking to herself and saying something like sometimes I wish someone would just ask me how I am feeling, I might not say anything, I might lie and say I'm fine, but you'll never know if you don't bother to ask.  That's probably not exactly right but I guess that's how I was feeling yesterday.  I promise I'm not depressed or suicidal or anything so don't worry about that.  I just have those days sometimes.  Maybe it's the dreary weather...  But anyway, it will be good to be home and have a short break and then just 15 more days here before summer!  So now it's time for packing and the dreaded logic and nature.  But the cubs got rained out tonight, so there's a double header tomorrow so we might be home for the end of the second game.  At the very least I will get to listen to them on the radio.  And I decided I like posting songs because I have music playing just about all the time here.  This is what was playing while I typed out this post.  I'm posting two videos for it, one for lyrics people like me and another just because I thought it was a cute video these people made.








And after I finished writing all of this I realized I hadn't look up my wisdom yet today.  But I just did and it's a really good one.  Wisdom for Graduates Day 340: "Maturity is the ability to think, speak, and act your feelings within the bounds of dignity.  The measure of your maturity is how spiritual you become during the midst of your frustrations."  Thank you Samuel Ullman for those words of wisdom.  Can you believe it's been 340 day since I graduated high school?  In some ways it seems like it's been a lifetime since then, but in others I feel as if I was walking the halls of U-High just yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment