Friday, April 15, 2011

Black Friday

Usually when we think about friday the image that comes to mind is of crazy shoppers crowding the malls way too early in the morning trying to get great deals on stuff, you know the day after thanksgiving and we've got to get all of our Christmas shopping done.  Well today at Benedictine, black friday has a completely different meaning.  The college set a goal of raising $2000 for relief efforts in Japan.  How are they encouraging people to donate?  By playing Friday by Rebecca Black ALL DAY.  They have been playing since 8 this morning I believe.  And during passing periods they turn it up extra loud so that it can be heard literally everywhere on campus - the top floor of St. Ben's, inside Scholastica, I'm pretty sure I heard a guy say that he could hear it in his apartment...which is like the very end of campus.  They will only stop playing the song when we have reached our goal, which we would meet and exceed if each student on campus donated $2.  As of a half hour ago they had not reached it because I could hear it here in my room.  Well at least nobody forgot what day of the week it was.


Remember, this is what I have been listening to ALL DAY.  ALL DAY!


In other news, room draw was last night.  I will be living in suite I next year, at least I think I will be.  I shouldn't have to move unlike some juniors and seniors that will live off campus and then the sophomores that are temporarily assigned to live in the freshman dorms again.  So glad one of the girls in our group had a good number...because mine was really high.  Basically the girls that didn't get into the suites don't know where they are living next semester.  Personally that would make me kind of stressed out.  As would living with all the freshman again.  I feel bad for the few sophomore girls that live here this year.  And the class coming in is supposed to be even bigger than ours so...they can't really afford to have any of the rooms in scho taken by sophomores.  If they want to keep this a residential college I think they are going to have to put up some more housing because the classes are only getting bigger and not all of the upperclassmen should have to live off campus...and they really shouldn't try to fit 3 people to a room in the freshman rooms.  So what are they going to do?  It will be interesting to see.

What's coming up this weekend?  My spanish paper!  Wish me luck!  Hopefully I can get a good start on it so that I don't have to work over Easter break....hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment