Sunday, April 17, 2011

gotta love the 24 hour McDonald's drive thru

I have celebrated sundays very well this lent.  I kind of feel bad about it.  I feel like my lent didn't include much sacrifice, or even much extra prayer time really.  I have a lot of ideas about what I could do and what I should do, but I never seem to make these things a reality.  I read some more awesomeness in Rediscovering Catholicism this week and it never fails that whenever I pick up that book I feel inspired and I want to do all of these great things, live an authentic life to show people how wonderful life can be when you live out the gospel every day.  But I never follow through on those promises.  I always say well I'll start praying a rosary or going to adoration every day or something, but I make it so that I say I'll start next week or after a certain feast or season or with a retreat but then I don't.  I might for a couple days but then I go right back to the way things were before.  And what's wrong with today?  When I make these promises shouldn't I want to start right away?  Well there's some late night/early morning start of holy week thoughts for you.  Nothing like celebrating sunday with a sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment