I had all day today to work on my mystics test. What did I do instead? Slept, read (not academic reading), ate lunch, talked with suitemates, called mom, talked to brett, showered, checked email, checked facebook, checked blogs, went to mass, went to dinner, checked email, checked facebook, checked blogs. And now here I am. Still no completed test. Still not other work accomplished. Will not be fitting in a holy hour. I have bible study in less than an hour and that will be another hour gone (though Mr. Seidel always told us that if we make time for God, God will make sure we have time to get everything else done). I'm going to test that theory tonight I think. Not that I'm testing God, but you know what I mean. I'm still going to go to bible study because it's a good thing to do and will help lead me closer to God and help me to serve him and do his will which according St. Ignatius's spiritual exercises (which is what I am writing the essay on) is the end or the goal of our life, and in particular his spiritual exercises. That much I can tell you. Write 5 paragraphs on it? Pushing it. Write 5 paragraphs in spanish on it? Proving difficult bordering on impossible. Let's just say it's going to be a long night. Which will make tomorrow and very long day. And I think it's a little too early in the semester to be waking up every day saying, "Is is Friday yet?" Wish me luck! St. Joseph of Cupertino, St. Thomas Aquinas, and St. Ignatius of Loyola pray for me!
Amusing story for the day.
I'm sitting in the lounge. Emily and I had been talking and then she left to go to choir. So I decide to call my mom before I get down to work. So I'm talking to her, or maybe to my brother at this point, and then this random girl I don't know walks into the lounge. I look over at her, she looks over at me and around the room and says "This is not the right suite. I'm sorry." And I don't know if I said anything out loud, maybe just a "that's ok, don't worry about, no big deal." In my head I said, "You are correct. This is not the right suite. And who are you exactly? And which suite did you think you were in? The big I on the door wasn't enough to make you think, hmm...this isn't where I want to be." It was rather amusing. What was especially weird was I don't remember ever having seen this girl before. So we couldn't even really joke about it or anything because we didn't know each other at all. Which is strange at a place like BC. So there you go. Day made. I knew it. If you're having an off day like me or have a stressful couple weeks ahead of you like I do. Read this and laugh a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment