Sunday, September 18, 2011

What's happening in suite I (3)

We are busy, busy, busy.  Everyone was very much looking forward to this weekend to get a break...and we are already looking forward to next weekend.  All the classes are having their first tests and quizzes it seems like which has everybody a little stressed.  And to add to it, Laura and I are applying to the education department this semester so we have our portfolios due on friday.  And these portfolios are a lot of work.  I have been writing essays about random educational things all day long.  And I have a lot more to do.  So people have been stressed lately and the weather has been dreary and the ideal would be to just sleep for like 24 hours straight and hope that you might feel rejuvenated after that.  But no such luck.  You've just got to have a coke with lunch to get you through afternoon classes and a coke with dinner to get you through homework and maybe you will go to late night to get another coke or a coffee to get you through all the homework and studying you haven't finished yet.

In spite of all the craziness though, I have managed to get in the routine of going to 5:15 mass every day during the week.  And Emily is able to go with me on wednesdays and fridays which is nice.  This wednesday that led to one of our spontaneous adventures and we walked to snowball for dinner.  It was very dark and cold on the way back but it was nice to just be able to relax and take a break from doing work.  I meant to start going to adoration daily this week and to try and start getting some scripture reading in every day but that did not happen.  And probably won't happen this next week either.  But I'm very much hoping that once I am done with this portfolio on friday and the interview next tuesday that I can relax a little bit, or at least slow down.  Prayers appreciated!

On the plus side, we have been receiving lots of baked goods lately.  Michaela's mom sent rice krispie treats, our wonderful RA Naomi made almond scones, and Emily's sister made gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  It seems like we are never without some goodies to munch on.

But more to the point, this post started in my head with What's happening in suite I...doors getting busted.  Chelsea and her friend Alex (who is a guy)  were coming into the suite as Ayeda was out getting water.  She was dressed for lounging around with only girls around, as in just shorts and a tank top that didn't even cover her bra all the way.  Fine for hanging with the girls.  Not fine for being in the presence of boys.  So when she heard Alex outside, she ran back to her room and shut the door so he wouldn't see her.  Chelsea took this action to mean that Ayeda had done something and was running away guiltily.  So she kicked at the locked door and caused the wood panel thing on the back of the door to pop out on the bottom so that the door will shut but then it is very difficult to open again.  So Ayeda got the RA on call to come check it out, Virginia was very amused, and hopefully it will get fixed soon.  But still.  Really?  Sarah still hasn't come back from holy grounds yet so she hasn't seen it, but I don't think she'll be to pleased when she does.

Oh suitemates.

Always something happening in suite I

No comments:

Post a Comment