Tuesday, September 13, 2011

one of those not so productive days I'm so very familiar with

I guess that's not being entirely fair.  The day wasn't a total waste.  I got all of my info and paperwork stuff turned into the business office - finally!  And I went to mass and did a holy hour.  Not too bad.  Typed up my soc notes, in other words I did my job.  Read spanish before going to holy hour.  Came back from holy hour and laura, emily and ayeda were having a nerf battle throughout the suite.  Children.  Needless to say that was a bit of a distraction and I did not finish answering, or even start answering the questions for spanish right away.  In fact, once the battle had died down a bit, we watched 101 dalmatians, the real people version.  I did the questions while we watched but I didn't even get through all of them in that time. So I still have a few questions to answer and I didn't even get to reading any chem or soc.  And I have to dedicate like all of tomorrow to my essay test for mystics that is due on wednesday.  I don't know how that's going to go.  It's going to be a busy couple weeks for me.  Wish me luck!  St. Joseph of Cupertino, St. Thomas Aquinas, and St. Ignatius pray for me and all other busy students!


Oh.  And Rediscovering Catholicism was awesome today.  In the ok, ok I get it kind of way.  The section titled, Questions.  How perfect for me.

"The questions we ask in life are just as important as the answers we find.  When we ask the wrong questions we always find the wrong answers."

"As we read the Bible, we come across many people who fled from God's designs, but they never found happiness until they turned back to God...The greatest foolishness of man is the miscredited fantasy that we can find a lasting happiness separate from the will of God."

"The temptation is to despise uncertainty.  But uncertainty is a spiritual gift designed to help you to grow.  From time to time, great questions arise in our hearts and our minds.  Don't let your heart be troubled.  Learn to enjoy uncertainty.  Learn to love the questions.  The questions are life."  Is this guy even for real?  So tough!  But...so right.

Rainer Maria Rilke "Be patient toward all that is unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a foreign tongue.  Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them.  And the point is, to live everything.  Live the questions now.  Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer."  I think that's really cool.

"Stand amidst the uncertainty of the great questions life proposes, take a deep breath, and enjoy them."

"God has no need to ask questions, so when he does, he doesn't ask for his sake, he asks for ours."  Love.

Maybe you've got some questions and you're struggling with uncertainty.  Trust me you're not alone.  Reading things like this help me to think about things in a different, more positive way.  Hope it does the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment