So all I can think about right now is if I can make it through the next 5 days, then I will be home in my own house, sleeping in my own bed, using my own bathroom and just finally getting back to a real town. Sometimes Atchison makes me crazy. Just the thought that even when I do have a car here, there won't be anything to do besides going to walmart.
But anyway, I should be doing homework. But I'm not. Are you surprised? I'm not. I mean it's not like I have a quiz in psychoed tomorrow or an application requiring an essay and resume due on friday. No big deal. And it's not like I have anything going on this week. Just foreign language week potluck monday night, german movie tuesday, katy visiting wednesday, spanish movie thursday. No big deal.
It's just so much more appealing to read or knit or play cards. Basically anything but homework. I did go to walmart and get the things I need to make my dish for the potluck though and I went to the mental prayer talk which was really cool. We talked about inspiration from the Holy Spirit and went over some principles about how to be open to these inspirations. Then next time, some date in April, we will continue talking about how to know whether these inspirations are actually coming from the Holy Spirit or maybe we are just making them up or maybe they are a temptation from the devil. So I'm really excited for that. I really like the gospel reading this week about building a strong foundation for our faith, not a weak foundation on sand, but a strong foundation on rock. Too bad I was mentally asleep during the majority of the homily. I don't know what came over me, but once I got to mass I was just so tired all of a sudden. I did like how he mentioned that the storms come no matter the strength of your foundation, we are all going to go through trials and suffering, but the strength of our foundation will determine how we are able to cope with these trials.
So yeah that's my day and now I should really get to work. I feel like I should talk about the rest of my weekend, but that will just have to wait.
¡hasta luego mis amigos!
No comments:
Post a Comment