Thursday, February 17, 2011

a beautiful, beautiful day

Today was a record high for Atchison in February- 71!  It was so nice out today.  It was sunny, and windy I'll admit but it was a warm wind, and just perfectly warm and really beautiful.  I can't even describe the way it just put me in a good mood.  Between the nice weather and the improvements I have been making in my prayer life.  I got to spend a good 20 minutes or so at the grotto after spanish this afternoon and it was so nice to sit in the sunshine and read some of Rediscovering Catholicism and just have some quiet time with God.  I also got to scratch sending in my resume off my list and did laundry finally this afternoon after class.  I had soooo much laundry.  It was kind of ridiculous.  But it's all done now and I got to sit outside and read the notebook while I was waiting for my clothes to dry which was nice.  I'm looking forward to bible study and hopefully mass this evening and I should probably do some homework...only down to such a beautiful day.  It was so easy to pretend that there was no more classes or homework with the weather being so nice.  But alas there is one more day to get through before the weekend comes and I can take it easy and just relax.

I guess there is one more thing I should do...take out the trash.  That hasn't been done in awhile.

Oh and one more thing that made my day - getting a package from Mrs. Biddle with a cubs flavored Mr. Potato Head and a bag of m&m's.

One more oh, adoration last night/this morning was really great.  I got a lot out of it and really felt a lot of peace and contentment...and I was actually awake the whole time which sometimes doesn't happen.  But yeah it was a really good adoration experience.

Now I'm done for real with my day in review.  Though I suppose I might write later if I have some really good insights to discuss from bible study and mass.

1 comment:

  1. it was 71 degrees in St.Louis yesterday to!! so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete