I figured since I'm not getting a lot of work done right now I might as well try to catch up with my blogging. So where was I...
Ah yes. It was a snowy and cold friday morning and I left my dorm at about 7:43 like I usually do. I was walking along, wearing my rain boots because my bear paws have a hole in the sole, though I must say rain boots are very practical for wearing in the snow, only problem is your feet get cold since they aren't fur lined. Anyway, I was walking along and I get to the raven walk. The raven walk is like a million stairs going up a hill which you need to climb to reach st. ben's or westerman. The fun part about having a class in st. ben's is that you have to go up to the 4th floor which means even more stairs. Well when I reached the raven walk on this terribly cold morning after we got more snow than anyone predicted, the guy with the shovel and snow blower was still working because the snow was on top of a layer of ice that had to be scraped away. And it must have been windy the night before as well because upon reaching the final round of steps, I saw that they were covered in a knee deep snow drift. There was one set of footprints to walk in, some guy probably who took the stairs two at a time, and again I was thankful for rain boots because they are taller and more waterproof. But even with these high boots I got snow on my jeans because that's just how deep it was. Once I had conquered this obstacle I climbed the 4 flights of stairs and made it to my classroom and promptly began discussing the unfortunate circumstances surrounding getting to class with the other early arrivals. By the time about a third of the class was there, one of the other history professors came in to tell us that our professor was snowed in and class was therefore cancelled. Did I mention that this was an 8am class? Or that I had to climb up stairs covered in knee deep snow? It was no easy task getting up and coming to this class. I was just a little bitter. And on the way down it was even harder because you had to wait for all the people coming up the stairs before you could go down because there was only one path. And going downhill you basically just held on to the railing and tried not to slide all the way down.
So i went to breakfast. Chatted with my bible study leader. Then had to go back up the raven walk to westerman for biology. Luckily they had a real path cleared at the top of the stairs this time. Biology was horrendously boring so I basically fell asleep which is not good considering we have a test wednesday.
more later i promise i will catch up but i'm going to dinner now...
No comments:
Post a Comment