Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Knitting Excitement!!!!

So I should have been studying for my test tomorrow and my spanish midterm on thursday...but I didn't.  No big deal.  It's not like I have to attend a leadership seminar from 9:30 to 11 tonight or that I have class at 8 tomorrow morning.  No big deal at all.  Because....I did it!!!!   I finally finished the knitting part of my sweater.  It only took 2-2 1/2 months and sore fingers, neck, back with the occasional frustration thrown in.  Now I still have to sew up the sides and the sleeves but the actual knitting of the pieces of the sweater is complete.  There are some issues around the neck area, and I think one sleeve is longer than the other, but other than that it looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself.  Except I really don't know how the neck got to be so lopsided.  But the fact that it is a hand knit weasley sweater just overrides that little problem.  I am really proud of this accomplishment and it is probably good that it will soon be completely done and I will not have that distraction while I should be doing schoolwork.  That probably just means I will move on to my Nicholas Sparks books to distract me, but for now I'm going to hope I will be more productive with this project completed.

In other news...hmm other news...not a whole lot going on here.  I went to a resume workshop yesterday to learn how to put together a resume for the purpose of applying for a campus ministry position.  And I am just praying that God's will be done as far as that goes.  I think it would be awesome to be a part of retreat team or life teen but ultimately it's in God's hands.  And I am learning a lot just going through the process.  Tonight's seminar will include a discussion of our temperament and how that can affect leadership.  They recommended the 4marks site that Danielle told us about.  That test is dead on when it comes to my temperament.  The description was probably written with me in mind.  So it will be interesting to learn more about that and I will probably post whatever insights I gain from the talk in a later post.

Even though it was still cold today, it was sunny so sitting at the grotto was bearable for long enough to do my daily prayers: the fulton sheen spiritual adoption prayer, prayer to know God's will, and 30 day St. Joseph prayer.  I really like saying the spiritual adoption prayer each day and praying for baby Abigail Renee and her mother, praying that Abbie will be protected from abortion and that her mother will choose to give her life, whether choosing to make the sacrifices involved with raising her herself or those that come with choosing adoption.  It's a short and simple prayer that you say for nine months. We got this little card on the march for life with Our Lady of Guadalupe on the front, the protectress of the unborn.  On the back it says:
Please spiritually adopt an unborn baby. 
 Every day over 4,000 babies are killed by 
abortion.  They have so little protection 
only the hand of God can end this 
massacre.  Prayer is the best weapon to
help them - the most effective.
Say this prayer every day for nine 
months to save a baby's life!

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you
 very much.  I beg you to spare the life of 
the unborn baby that I have spiritually
adopted who is in danger of abortion.

Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Before I formed you in the womb, 
I knew you." (Jeremiah 1:5)

Then there is a place to write your adoptive baby's name and their spiritual adoption date.  So if you would like to please consider saying this prayer each day to help save a baby's life.  I also say the prayer to know God's will by St. Therese that is on the right side of this blog.  These two prayers have helped me to make time for prayer each day which is something I always struggle to do.  And right now I have added the 30 day prayer to St. Joseph which I am loving.  It is truly a beautiful thing to take that few minutes and offer up a prayer not only to know the desire of my own heart, that I may follow God's will, but also that if I am in fact called to marriage I am offering this prayer for my future husband that he too will do God's will and that we will be prepared by strengthening our faith and growing closer to God to one day meet and grow closer to God together and lead the other and our children and all that we meet to heaven.  That was a really bad run on sentence, but I just think that the idea of praying for a future spouse is so beautiful.  I'm so thankful to Katy for inviting me to join.  That's another cool part of this prayer, being joined in saying it with so many other people.  I just love it.

Ok this was kind of long, but I didn't write yesterday so, deal with it.  Oh my bean plant is still alive.  It has two leaves and is about 2 inches tall.  Now that is all.

Adios 

No comments:

Post a Comment