So I've already failed at updating this blog daily. That's probably due in part to the fact that I don't want to have to report how I'm failing at this mental prayer and concrete resolutions thing. I went to the pray like a saint talk by Dr. Rammage on Sunday and it was really awesome and inspiring and I really want to get in the habit of having consistent daily prayer and meditation. But I'm just not very good at the whole consistent thing.
On Sunday night I went to 8pm mass like I usually do and there was hardly anybody there because of the superbowl, even the prior would have rather been watching the game I think, one of the other monks was supposed to say mass but he got sick. So I stayed after to pray for a while and said the evening prayer from the St. Therese prayer book that Katy and Megan picked out for me for my birthday. And I felt really good afterwards. So I was like, I'll go to daily mass and stay after or go early to get my prayer time in. So Monday came around and I said that my resolution for the day would be to go to 9:30 mass. Well 9:30 came and went and what did I do all evening? I worked on knitting my Weasley sweater. I'm very proud of my sweater so far and I'm really excited about seeing it finished by July, but it literally occupied my entire afternoon and evening. Like seriously, I couldn't give up one hour for mass and prayer? And tonight I'm studying biology with the memo girls and we're meeting at 9:45 so 9:30 mass is out of the question. I could go to 5:15 but I probably won't just because I'll make up some excuse not to go. And this is my problem. I always make up some reason for not being able to attend mass. And it's offered 4 times daily on campus. There should be no excuse, no way not to get to one if you really want to go.
So that's me being really frustrated with myself regarding my spiritual life. I also have not been studying for the test and quiz I have tomorrow. And I have yet to complete a resume and application for a summer internship at country. I'm such a fail...
Unless you're talking about my sweater. There I'm going strong. You'll love it. I can't wait to finish it and show it off. But now I am going to try to get some work done. Maybe...after I knit some more...
No comments:
Post a Comment