Thursday, February 17, 2011

roller coaster of a day

Recap of my day.  It was a series of ups and downs.  The morning started with me walking outside at 20 til 8 heading towards my history class that starts at 8.  You have to walk across the street and up what seems like hundreds of stairs that are on an incline - the raven walk - and then up 4 flights of stairs to the top floor of St. Benedict's hall.  It's quite the workout for out of shape people like me.  The grotto is on the way though and I have made the resolution to stop there for a few minutes the 4 days each week that I have class up there in the morning.  Well it was supposed to be nice out, hence me making this resolution.  However, it was foggy and not overly warm.  And everything was wet and I was wearing moccasins.  So I didn't stop at the grotto.  And then I made it all the way up to my class, knowing I was super early and would have to occupy myself for the next 15 minutes before class started and hoping that Victor and Kathleen were there so I might have people to talk to.  What did I find instead? A message on the board saying that the class had been cancelled.  Bad start to the day.  I could have slept an extra hour, but no.  But then one of the girls in the class, Emily, came in and we decided that since we were up we might as well go to breakfast.  This might have been a first for me.  I never go to breakfast.  But today I did go, informing all the people I recognized from class as I walked back down the hundred stairs that it had been cancelled.  Then the day got better.  There were tater tots for breakfast.  Then the day got worse because they were out of ketchup and I had to eat my sausage and tater tots without it.  On the up side, I met my bible study leader coming out of the caf and she was meeting two other girls in my bible study at the coffee shop so I stopped by there after breakfast and chatted with those lovely ladies for awhile before having to repeat the never ending walk up to my biology class.  Katy's class got out super early so we did not have our usual wednesday morning phone call which was sad.  But we watched a movie in psychoed so it didn't matter that I didn't read the chapter yet again.  But then there wasn't anything good for lunch really.  The breadsticks were hard.  And I didn't have any mail.  (not that I was expecting anything so that was really no surprise and I sound more depressed about it than I really am)  I got a really easy question in logic and nature though, I had to identify the term that repeats in the premises of a syllogism, like which letter appears twice in these two statements.  A second grader could have done that.  Then I talked to my mom and she gave me crap about not sending in my resume for the country internship and then we proceeded to argue and go back and forth about the components of my resume and what I should say in the email when I submit it and all those lovely things that come with applying for a job.  Then I looked at the ministry leader applications and was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff it involved.  But then we went to dinner, at the mci since it was skip a meal.  The food was good...but it took and hour to get our food.  I don't even know where my roller coaster is right now but it did go up after dinner because we played our now regular game of nertz/nerts for the evening.  Emily dominated as usual, but I was actually a competitor at one point which was an improvement for me.  Then I went to mass and apparently wednesdays are latin mass nights now, like all the singing responses are in latin- the holy, holy, holy, which I am learning, the lamb of God agnus dei thing which I know, but also the our father...no clue there.  Then I had to come back to a logic and nature paper which hopefully my professor will send back to me, we can send in our drafts for her to look at btw, saying this is excellent, A quality work.  Not likely, but I can dream.  Now it is time for adoration, the end of my crazy roller coaster of a day.  A good uphill ending if you ask me.  Nothing beats a party where Jesus is the host.

No comments:

Post a Comment