Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, I don't really know what to write about, but I figured I would post something.  I stopped at the grotto this morning before class which was a good start to the day, even though I only spent a couple minutes there.  I went back later this afternoon and enjoyed sitting there for a little while and there was a guy there bringing flowers to Mary which I though was really cute.  Then president Minnis came by to light a candle and this girl came and was talking to the guy with the flowers and was like "Matthew said to meet him here" and I was like that's my cue to leave.  So I would have liked to hang around a little longer, but when I was leaving and saw a guy with a rose in his hand coming up the steps I knew I made a good choice to not be part of that scene.  Maybe someday there will be a guy bringing me roses at Mary's grotto...sigh.  Oh well.  Haha.  It was a fun day all the same.  I gave out my lovely disney princess valentines throughout the day, the ones with the castle lollipops, and then I went around and stuck the other ones to everyone on the floor's door.  And I got a fabulous package from my mom with lots of chocolate and disney princess things.  I also got cute cards from my aunt Debbie and my grandma.  And I got a couple valentines and some candy from some of the girls here.  Plus we celebrated with movies and junk food all weekend.  It's been a holiday that has lasted the last several days here at Benedictine.

Sweater update: I have one sleeve finished!!!!  It's really long...but oh well, it's a sleeve!!!  And I tried it on today and other than the sleeves, I think it is going to fit but not be too terribly huge.  So that's really exciting!

I was potentially going to write something else...but then grandma called...and I lost my train of thought. But that's ok, it was nice to talk to her.

Oh and spring training games are starting soon.  So that's exciting.  Gotta love baseball season.  Basically it's been a good day.

1 comment:

  1. the guy in my clc tonight suggested we all go to a cardinals game, i was quick to say that i don't know if i could do that, i may have been scorned and made fun of a little for my love of the cubs, but that's ok with me!! GO CUBBIES!! this is our year...

    ReplyDelete